The 6 is our evening service.
What can you expect? A Jesus-centered, Spirit-filled community, where we are transformed by encounter with Him. We are built up by His word in the bible, and renewed as we worship with freedom and creativity. We pray in full expectation that God will move, so we make space to receive, practice and nurture spiritual gifts. Everyone contributes, participates, and is released into a life of discipleship.
Our vision and prayer is that The 6 will be a place where younger generations especially discover and deepen their faith, as their voices are heard and their gifts discovered and celebrated, alongside followers of Jesus from every generation.
As we’ve prayed as a community this for this gathering, we’ve sensed some words God is speaking.
- Creativity that is released the Holy Spirit (He wants us to be ‘cocreators’ with Him); see Exodus 35:31-33
- People being raised up with new skills
- Without self-consciousness or awkwardness
- New ways and freedom in worship
- Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back;
lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. (Isaiah 54.2)
- Turn up the music!
- Joy bubbling up out of us individually and the church
- Manna - coming to Him hungry EVERYDAY: God doing a new thing and we get to rediscover joy (manna means what is it?)
This term there is no need to book in for church so you are welcome to come along any week at 6pm. We're going to be looking at the theme 'Everyone Gets to Play: Spiritual Gifts, Creativity, Justice and the Kingdom' and we're excited to put this stuff straight into practice with practical workshops and space to minister to each other.
See you at the 6!