THE BEACH TRIP
16th July 2022 - Southend on sea
What's the deal...
We're off on a family trip to the seaside! We want to maximise the opportunities for family time - getting to know one another better and having fun and fellowship together. So do consider this when making your travel arrangements and planning your day.
- consider getting the church coach! We have 98 seats on coaches leaving from All Saints at 9am. Prices are set to cover costs (£18 per adult, £10 per child 5-18, children 4 and under go free) but please get in touch if you might need help with that.
- if you'd prefer to drive there could you offer any spare seats in your car? There's an option to tick to indicate how many spaces you have and we can match up others who need a lift if we fill all the coach spaces. Do check parking space and prices here: https://www.southend.gov.uk/parking
- if you'd like to catch the train (Liverpool Street - Southend) why not gather some people to get group save tickets together.
We'd love you to book a ticket no matter how you are travelling so we know who is coming. For coach travel, all people travelling need a ticket so add additional tickets for each family member. Children are not allowed to sit on laps so please book them a seat and bring any car seat needed (let us know if you need a car seat).
You can pay for your travel online when you book your ticket by choosing a pay now option. Or choose pay later and check in with the beach trip team on Sundays throughout June to arrange payment by cash or in instalments.
Helping others to travel:
If you'd consider a £5 or £10 donation to help make the coach travel more affordable for others, please 'add additional ticket' and select one of these options.
Fun ideas for the day:
- Family (bring your own) picnic lunch on the beach
- Beach fun, games, paddling, sitting (!) throughout the day
- A walk on the pier for those up for it
- Chippy trip before we leave
- Plenty of things to do in Southend for those feeling more active including the aquarium, amusements, shops and pier train ride.
- Bus leaves 5pm